How Do I Change My Conveyancer During the Process?
It’s not every day that you need to change your solicitor or conveyancer during the process. Yes, there are times, when you find yourself in situation where changing your conveyancer becomes important for you to get the job done that is pending at this moment. Trust me, I absolutely know how you feel and understand the pain you have to take while in such position. The experience can be simple and easy or painful and time-consuming.
The situation why you need to change your solicitor might not always be the same of yours and the others. There are times when things don’t get along with you and your conveyancer or solicitor and this is an issue of changing him/her. Other possible cases can be where the firm you hired for doing the conveyance on your behalf is winding up. In cases, where you find it difficult to put up with your conveyancer or solicitor, you should not at once decide on changing your decision rather talk to the firm on changing the solicitor or conveyancer and get the job done in the least possible time. Firms always appreciate their clients exchanging views with them. Remember, you are the client of that firm and no matter what, the will never return a client or customer from their doorstep.
Points to note
- Always make sure you convey all the necessary issues with your conveyancer at the very first meeting of yours. This makes it easier for the both to continue the relation and pay attention to the duty hereby.
- If possible, the conveyancer should be changed before making a transaction. This leaves you with less complexity ahead. But, yes, if it’s not the case, then you also have options available to you to change him/her.
- If you have had a different conveyancer earlier, make sure he/she leaves all the necessary documents with you and makes a clear leave thereby. Keep all the necessary documents and make sure your buyer of the property may face no difficulty in making further transaction.
- That you are changing the conveyancer or solicitor, should play no role in your making the deal at present. Make sure, you have the utmost control over the deal and you know pros and cons about the transaction.
- So, before firing your conveyancer or solicitor, it’s imperative that you go through the contract one more time to check on the legal facts associated with your changing the conveyancer or solicitor. It’s often unfortunate to face difficulties with changing solicitor.
- Pay attention to the clause regarding payments. Check well that you don’t need to pay the conveyancer twice as a result of his being sacked. The charges applicable to his being replaced might affect the breach of contract and therefore should be paid attention to.
- If you need to pay the earlier solicitor or conveyancer for the job done, you need to recalculate the amount after having discussion with the firm or the conveyancer himself. It’s imperative that you get everything done in black and white so that face no difficulty later on.
- If the matter is about receiving compensation for the work undone, you should pay attention to that as well.
- In case of facing difficulty in receiving the documents held by the earlier solicitor, you should contact with the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the new solicitor as well regarding the lien of the earlier one on the property related documents. This should make your job become easy and simple regarding changing your solicitor.
- You should not worry about being penalized for changing the conveyancer or solicitor regarding transfer of property. There is no issue of such and if you stay alert from the very beginning, it should not be such painful for you to handle such job.