Finding the right conveyancer is as difficult as to find the right property for you. There are many farms to serve you with conveyancers, but most of them will charge high costs with low rate services. This is why finding a conveyancing solicitor who will give you high class service but in a reasonable price is quite challenging. A good conveyancer will be someone who will bring rapidity to your transaction, lessen the chance of calling of the deal and make the process as smooth as possible. On the other hand choosing a wrong conveyancer will prolong the time for completing all the formalities, increase your difficulties doing the work and also will not be able to alert you of problems that will occur and all these will cost you more money. This is why it is very important to find a good conveyancer. This will help you in your transaction. This given list will lessen the work load of finding a good conveyancer or a farm which will serve you with the right conveyancer for you.
- Farms that function on a “Fixed Conveyancing Costs” foundation: Earlier solicitors used to charge on an hourly basis. This means much higher cost. But a “Fixed Conveyancing Costs” help your budget to be in margin. No matter how complex the matter is the cost is always same. With farms which runs on fixed conveyancing costs you will have to pay the fee which you quoted at first.
- Track your progress online: the farms which are technologically advanced is very helpful as you can track them online. The websites of the farms will update all the information of your case regularly and you will be able to know what is happening. This feature certainly separates farms with the traditional ones. In brief farms that use modern technology makes your work easier by saving your money, time and stress as there is transparency.
- On all chief lenders’ “official” panels: This is important if you are buying with a mortgage because there’s a certain amount of legal work that needs to be done on your lender’s behalf .If the conveyancing firm you choose is not on your lender’s approved panel, your lender will instruct one that is. This will be an extra cost you have no control over. Having two solicitors working on your behalf will also increase the time it takes to exchange contracts. In short it will cost you more time, money and stress.
- Know your own conveyancer: You should know who will be handling your case. In short you should be given the information which will give you the access to contact you conveyancer. There are some farms which have some smaller groups of conveyancers who do all the admin works. These works are often ignored by the professional solicitors. In smaller farms this strategy works well but if the farm is large and have to deal with big number of cases then this strategy do not seem to work well. the websites will promise you with all the possibilities of providing personalized service but it is not the case in reality. For simpler cases big farms are okay but for complex cases you shuld choose smaller farms with personalized team.
- Operate on a “No deal, no fee” basis: There are cases where the deal fails even after transactions. But then you have to pay the money to the conveyancer and you have to pay them more for the next deal. This means double cost. But if there is a farm which follows ‘no deal, no fee’ then this is the best option for you. ‘No deal, no fee’ means if the deal is a failure then you do not need to pay the conveyancer’s fee. You might have to pay the call cost and costs of mails. This reduces your cost a lot.
If you know how to choose the conveyancer then the risk is a lot less.